Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Organized



So, I'm starting quite a little collection of yarn. I'm sure most of you that have more than 4 months worth of yarn piling up will laugh at my naivety, but it seems like a lot to me. I made a scarf for a Christmas present, and halfway through, I ran out of yarn. I hadn't saved the wrapper from the yarn skein, of course, and so I had a little bit of a nervous breakdown. I had to take a little piece of yarn to the store and hold it up to all of the possible candidates. It was annoying, and nerve-racking. So, wanting to avoid that in the future, I started a little wrapper collection. I took the wrappers off of all my yarn, cut a six-inch piece of yarn and stapled it to the corresponding wrapper. Then I stuck them all in a baggie and, ta-da! Organized yarn wrappers in case I need a new skein of exactly the same kind of yarn - like, if I'm making something more than 1 foot square. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment