Friday, February 4, 2011

Scarfy




I have a lot of projects that I've been working on (some are even finished!). Unfortunately, they are all baby presents, and I cannot reveal them until after said babies are born (or at least until I give them to the mommies). So...I thought I would go through some of the stuff I've done in the past few months. Enter Scarfy. Sydney likes to name everything [the item's actual name] with a "y" at the end. Giraffey, Beary, Kangarooey, Cowey, Scarfy. This scarf was one of the first things I made, and I don't love it, but Sydney sure does. It was going to be a single crocheted blanket/throw/something similar, but I got two rows of stripes done and was bored. So I said, "it shall be a scarf!" and scarf it became. It's really long, but perfect for how Sydney likes to wear it. I was going to edge it with some ruffles/shells/something girly, but, again, boredom took over, and instead, it has a single crochet border with tassles. Which, I think, is why it rolls all up. Lame. But it was good practice, and showed me that I didn't want to single crochet with worsted weight yarn an entire blanket. No.

No comments:

Post a Comment