Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bittersweet

One of my dearest friends (who I only met 2 years ago - one of the reasons I know we made the right decision in moving to Utah), Kristi, is having her 3rd baby girl in just a couple of weeks! Until last week, Sydney had been attending her preschool, and I had been co-teaching there once a week for the last 2 years. It was kind of a relief to be done with that big committment, but very sad because I wouldn't be seeing those 12 amazing 4/5-year-olds and Kristi every week anymore. So I cried - A LOT - and made a baby present!
I used this pattern for the hat, and this one for the booties. I used my favorite crochet flowers on the booties, and modified a pattern for a lace pillow with 3D flowers out of this book for the flower on the hat (you can see the light pink lace pillow on the front cover of the book). "Modified" is a strong word, as it implies some sort of skill, since I just crocheted the flower section and stopped before the lace in the pattern.
I also found some really cute fairy print fabric at Jo-Ann's, and used some Heat n' Bond and a tight zigzag stitch to applique one fairy onto a onesie. So sweet and homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment