Thursday, April 14, 2011

Knitting!

I am WAY (too) excited about knitting! I've attempted to knit in the past, and I always seemed to have a hard time getting going. I think my biggest problem with both knitting and crocheting is that I don't want to do beginner projects. I really want to be able to do crazy fancy stuff, but I just don't know how. Enter YouTube. Thanks to many, many awesome tutorials, as well as this free pattern (again with the Lion Brand), I successfully created my first knitted project! It only took me all 4 sessions of General Conference to finish (that might sound like a lot of time, but I thought of it as a good thing). What's cool about this pattern is that it helped me to learn a bunch of basic knitting techniques that I will need for many other projects. K1P1 ribbing, Stockinette stitch (specifically the purl stitch), k2tog, p2tog, and even changing colors (click on each technique for the YouTube video I used to learn it)! Oh, and I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease yarn, which I am completely in love with. Yay yay yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment