Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Camo Thingee



Our 7-month-old German Shorthaired Pointer, Baylee, is starting obedience training. All I have to say about that is WHAT TOOK SO LONG?! She. Is. Insane. So her first day is today, and I am way excited. One of the things on the list of stuff we need to bring is a bunch of small treats for positive reinforcement. My husband wanted to have a treat bag that he could attach to his belt to keep his hands free. So, we did some research, and found some little treat bags for $25 a piece. WHAT!? Since I'm being all sewing-awesome right now, I said, "I can totally whip something up!" And here is the result:





Not too shabby if I do say so myself (and I totally do). I used this tutorial (same one I've used before), and an old pair of the husband's hunting pants, and made a little treat bag with belt straps for FREE. Zero dollars. The pants had both the camo material, as well as some nylon, which I used for the lining, AND the nylon straps. Score! I even used a seam ripper to salvage the zipper fly. I also got to burn the nylon straps, which was so exciting. I am awesome. And humble.


Here it is all full of yummies for the puppy dog. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment