Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Holy Busy Wedding Crap, err Stuff (Batman)!


So. My husband's little sister got married this last Saturday (the 26th), and I put WAY too much on myself for the wedding. Most of it was my own insanity, so I have no room to complain. But it was fun doing a few cute things! Also, it was kind of nice to use the sewing machine for the first time in quite a while, as well as pretending I'm good at baking things.


1. Cake balls. SO delicious. SO adorable. SO TIME CONSUMING. I made 250 cake balls last week. I took no pictures because I had no love for the little buggers by the end of the week. I didn't even eat any at the wedding. The end. P.S. I might do them again, but NOT in batches of 250. No.




2. Sister gifts. Since the little kids always get matching dresses/shirts & ties, and the men usually wear tuxes (or in this case, matching shirts & ties), the sisters kind of get left out. I was not having it this wedding! I have 5 sister-in-laws (all of whom I completely and totally adore), and I wanted them to feel special, too. So I made matching plastic flower rings from supplies I got off of Etsy and clutches using this amazing tutorial (AMAZING) for all of them. Then I attached one ring to each clutch, and a cute little note using a big safety pin. So fun, and it made me so happy to see the other girls wearing their rings and using their clutches during the wedding day! P.S. The wedding colors were a purple/plum color and burnt orange - hence the fabric I used for the clutches.



P.P.S. I just re-fell in love with my sewing machine, and am having tons of fun sewing stuff right now. So, this blog might turn into an everything crafty blog instead of just a knit/crochet blog. Thanks for your patience with my craziness.

1 comment:

  1. oh they turned out great karen! I love the pop of color in the lining. :)

    ReplyDelete