Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day of School!

Today is Dylan's last day of first grade! I can't believe how old I feel. We have been (in my opinion) a high maintenance family this year for Dylan's teacher. Absences for a pretty serious ER visit and a week-long funeral trip. Coming in late/leaving early for dental work several times. Hiding daily work in his desk til the last month of school, when the teacher finally noticed. Oldest child syndrome for husband and I - constantly questioning whether he is doing okay. Ah, good times. So we felt like she deserved a little treat:
I used a big can of pineapple that had a pop tab lid, opened the BOTTOM of the can with a can opener, emptied the fruit, washed and dried the can, filled with candy (I did my faves - Reeses PB cups and fun size 3 Musketeers, Twix, Milky Way, and Snickers), hot glued the bottom back on, wrapped in pretty paper, made a pun-ny little note, and made the pull tab ribbon. I did everything in about 20 minutes. Nice!
Dylan was super excited to take his gift to Mrs. B. Congrats, little man!
P.S. His hair will be cut this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment